Friday, October 12, 2012

Angry Bird Card

I have to say I had the MOST fun making this card, not only was it easy to assemble but was just fun!  I cased this card from this video:   Angry Birds Card Video .  I want to say, when you see a card you want to make, you might not have the same things featured in the card.  Don't let that stop you!!!  I normally don't include measurements in my posts because a lot of times, they can be adjusted to fit what YOU need them to fit.  On this card, I didn't have a cardstock color, I used a different color.  I didn't have the EXACT size punches she used, that's okay, mine worked as well!!! Basically, just TRY!!!  You are able to do more than you think!!!  :)  On to the project:
 
 
I started out with my crumb cake base (my favorite!) and a piece of Daffodil Delight.  I inked around the edges of the Daffodil Delight with the same color ink.  This is  great way to add a finished look your project without being overwhelming.  This is where buying matching ink and cardstock really gives your projects a great look! 
 
 
I cut out  circle using the sizzix circle framelits out of Real Red cardstock.  How did I decide what size to use?  Simple, I matched up the framelit to my cardstock layer and decided which one was the size that looked best.  Very Scientific!!!  :) 
 
 
The next step is to cut out a little bit of the circle for the bottom of the bird.  This is done easily by moving the framelit down and running it through your bigshot again.
 
 
 
This is what you have left when you are done.
 
 
 
The next step is to create the two toned part of your bird.  I cut another circle out of crumb cake.  I used the same size circle.  What if you don't have crumb cake?  That's okay, you can use white, or maybe Soft Suede. 
 
 
The next step is to layer the two pieces together and ink around the edges using the same color of ink again.
 
 
Next, punch out the eyes of your Angry Bird using Whispering White.  I used an one inch circle punch from Stampin' Up.  When you adhere them to the bird, overlap them slightly.
 
 
I used the 1/2" circle punch for the black part of the eyes.
 
 
The beak is created by punching out two squares- two different sizes.  If you don't have these exact sizes, don't sweat it, use what you have!!!

 
 
 
The beaks are created by cutting the square, corner to corner making a triangle.  I also inked around the edges of these pieces as well. 
 
 
Add the beak pieces to your bird.  He is starting to come together!!!  See how the two sizes of squares work together to create his beak?  So cute!!!
 
 
 
Just a quick note, on most of these pieces, I added dimensionals to them to pop them up slightly.  (the whites of the eyes did not have dimensionals). 
 
 

Now to make your bird ANGRY!  I used the modern label punch, you need two of these out of black. 
 
 

You need to trim the modern label punch, not quite in half, a little bigger than half.  (scientific huh?)
 
 
Add your eyebrows to your bird by layering them crisscrossed over the eyes.
 
 
 
Now for the top feather of your bird...I have seen lots of punches used for this.  You can use the hearts punch, you can use the scalloped circle.  I used the Boho Blossoms punch.  Any of the three blossoms would work, pick the one you like!
 
 
Your bird is Angry and DONE!!!!  Now time to add him to your card layers, I used dimensionals for this as well!
 
 
 

Now I will stop and say, when making my Angry Bird card, I was making two at the same time.  It didn't take ANY extra time other than punching two more of something!  I am giving my first Angry Bird card to my Nephew, Grayson, for his 6th birthday today!  Happy Birthday to the little GRAY kid!!!  Love you buddy!!!!  I can't wait to see his face when he opens his card!  Little did I know, his mom got him an Angry Birds cake!!! PERFECT!!!!!
 
My second card, I will put in my stash without a sentiment so I can use it for another occasion.  All I will have to do, is add the sentiment when I need this card!
 
Now to add the sentiment of HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Gray's card:
 
 

I am still in a Washi tape mood!  So I got out some washi tape to add as a layer to my sentiment!  I cut it into a banner.
 
 

I used the Happy Birthday out of the Teeny Tiny Wishes set.  This is a set that gets a LOT of use!!!  And pair it with the Bitty Banner Framelits, and you have a great sentiment!!!
 
 
Use those scraps!!! This piece is what was left when I punched out the beak pieces!
 
 

And the card is done!!!!  How much fun!  And EASY!!!!!  Love it!!!! 
 
I was going to do a sound card which Stampin' Up carries!  These are GREAT for holidays!  Want to send a special card to Grandparents with a sweet message from your kids???  Awesome way to add something special to your cards!  I was going to record the Angry Birds theme song for Gray!  But....unfortunately, I couldn't find my sound card!!  GGRRR!!!  Guess who is ordering a couple more to put on my shelf???  Either way, I think he will love his card!
Hope you enjoyed this project, I did!!! 
Michelle!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...