Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Framelit ribbon card

This is a cased card of a card by Sami's Stampin' Spot! She does a great Christmas card using this technique!
 
This was a fun card to make and EASY!!!  I took a piece of crumb cake and laid out my heart framelits on the cardstock as I wanted them.  I ran it through my big shot.  After taking out the framelits and the cut pieces, I took my white pen and drew around the card and the hearts.  This is the fun part!!!  It does not need to be perfect!!!  The imperfections make it YOURS so just draw!!!!  Then I lined up my crumb cake piece onto the pack of my card and took a pencil and traced the cutout of my hearts onto my card base.  This step helps you know where to put your jumbo sticky dots!  These are in the holiday catalog!  I am hoping they will be in the regular catalog soon!  Take two jumbo sticky dots, cover the large heart with one large dot, and cut the other dot in two and cover your two smaller hearts.   Then take ribbon of your choice and cover your dots with them, putting down one row at a time.  Just trim the  ribbon with your scissors for each row.  Adhere your top card stock (crumb cake) with Stampin' Dimensionals for extra pop!!!  Then I cut out two banners and layered them and added a little button bling and the card was done!!!  Fun and Quick!!!  I think the framelits are my most favorite things in the catalog!!! (If any of my followers need a current Stampin' Up catalog, regular or Holiday- please email me with your mailing address:  mcgrading@aol.com). 
You can do this card with several of the framelit sets!  Think outside the box!! Have fun!!! 
Michelle!!!
 
 
Recipe for this card:
 
Cardstock used:  Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Two pieces of the Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper
Ink Used:  Stampin' Up black ink, white Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen
Ribbon:  Raspberry Ripple, Island Indigo, orange ribbon
Buttons: Vintage Faceted Designer Button
Products Used: Heart Collection Framelits, twine

3 comments:

  1. this is so kool love it..... love seeing all your crafts
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card!! Now I want the hearts framelits too!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...