Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What else do you do???

I love to scrapbook, I love to make cards, I love to make banners, I love pretty much any kind of paper crafting.....as you can tell!!!  But what else do I love to do???  I have cross stitched for a long long time. I remember cross stitching as a little girl.  The patterns are better now! More colorful, more variety!  I used to do big projects, but for the last several years, I have enjoyed doing smaller projects.  I don't get bored because I can finish them really quickly even though I do a set of four to go together on my board.   My dad made me a wooden peg board before he died.  It is one of my prized possessions!!  I love that he made it for me but I also love to cross stitch new seasonal designs for my board.  After my dad passed away, I wanted a new board for another area of my house, with much work, I finally found a board in a craft store and my husband, who HATES wood working.....helped me, helped me!  I painted my second one black for a more updated look.  I still love my original wood grain board, but my black one is great too!  My uncle recently helped my mom make a longer board for me, so I can put bigger frames on it- hence I can stitch bigger seasonal designs. I don't have any pictures of my bigger board yet because I have just now started to make bigger designs.  For that board, I found 4X6 frames at Michaels.  Okay, now none of this makes sense....without pictures!!!  So here are some of my cross stitch projects and it shows the boards as well!!! 

This is my original board with my Trilogy summer set on it.  The frames, are pottery barn Christmas ornaments!!  They work perfectly!!!!


My newer board with another summer set on it!







I have different sets for seasons.  I am currently working on a set for Fourth of July.  A little late for this year but I will be thrilled to use them next year! 
This is my second hobby.  Leave me a comment and let me know what other hobbies you enjoy!!!! And as always, thanks for visiting!
Michelle!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't tv watching a hobby? I have to say thats my second hobby. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It counts because I cross stitch AND watch tv at the same time!!!!! I think that is pretty much the only time I cross stitch!! See you can be productive AND watch tv!!! (but only if you are watching Supernatural!!! or Falling Skies!!! or Vampire Diaries...I am pretty sure no other tv shows would count! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like to do counted cross stitch. I actually did that before I got into stamping and scrapbooking. I have made large counted-cross stitch pictures and smaller ones. Though it has been years since I have actually completed one. I found it too difficult when the kids were little and having to keep getting up and down. But I am actually thinking of starting to do it again...because like you it is something I can do just sitting in the living room watching t.v.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin I am enjoying all the new patterns out there! It has changed over the years so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...