Friday, July 13, 2012

Ornament Keepsakes Bundle




Is it August 1st yet??  I can't wait for everyone to see the Holiday catalog.  The front cover has a beautiful ornament on it.  I HAD to try and create it!  I actually did a simpler version of it just to try it.  My preorder came and it was the first thing I grabbed out!  The Ornament Keepsakes Bundle has so many possibilities.  Think in blue...thing simpler with one "tier" of the ornament....on a ribbon to make a garland for your tree or fireplace, think PINK...yes pink, for Valentine's Day, think for Halloween (I am currently working on one and will post it when I get done).  So many things to do with this set!  The bundle- better price if you buy both- includes the stamps and the framelits to cut out the stamps using the BIG SHOT link.  I also used the new snowflake die and the cherry cobbler tulle...yes tulle.  Now at first, I didn't think I NEEDED the tulle.  Ummmmm....now I need all three colors: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, and the Early Expresso.  I will be using the tulle which was surprisingly easy to use for Christmas gifts- on my gift bags, tags and anything else I can think of.  I just preordered the cherry cobbler but will be adding the other colors to my next order!  I also used the Scented Stampin' Emboss Powder on the snowflake.  Now, I will say, I am not a huge embosser.  Mainly because I have some cheap embossing powders that don't work for me and I end up with glitter on me, in my hair, on the floor, on the cat, heck even on my kids!  BUT.....I ordered the vanilla powder to test out.  OMG...first off, it smells so good!!  My whole kitchen smelled good. And it melts like a dream.  I realize part of my problem was the embossing powder I had been using.  I will slowly be ordering MORE Stampin' Up powders!  (and donating the powders I have!) This will not help my neatness I know, but heck, maybe I just need to embrace the sparkle! LOL!!!  Okay-back to the project- it was not hard for me to figure out, but I did figure out a couple of things to make it easier.  The back is made flat- I used a circle punch to adhere my ornaments to.  It makes it sturdier and gave me something to grasp on to.  Also, you can create one of these out of any of the stamps.  The tiers are three sided here but you can do one four sides.  Each ornament needs to be folded- a score board makes easy work of this.  I will try and post pictures of my next project in steps to help out those that want to create this. 
I used cherry cobbler ink and paper and Very Vanilla paper. 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...