Friday, July 20, 2012

Merry Merry Christmas Card

 

I wanted to play more with my preorder out of the Stampin' Up Holiday catalog and still some unused stuff out of my June regular catalog order.  I started out using the new Border Banter set (Holiday Catalog).  This set is adorable.  I can see a lot of uses for the chevron, dots, and diamond patterns.  Just to add a little something extra to your card or project.  I made my own background using this set: the dots and the merry words.  I stamped it on to Very Vanilla cardstock using Old Olive ink and Cherry Cobbler ink .  I cut it out using my the Floral Frames Framelits.  The Floral Frames Framelits does have a matching stamp set but I did not use it on this project.  I still have not used it yet but hope to on my next project! I inked around the edges of the diecut with Old Olive ink to make it stand out more.

\\

I embossed a sheet of Cherry Cobbler cardstock with the new Fancy Fan Folder and then cut it out using another die out of the Floral Frames Framelits set.  I also inked around the edges of this die cut with Cherry Cobbler ink to make it stand out more.




I adhered the pieces together using Stampin' Dimensionals to make it pop up more.  The tree die cut is from the new Scentsational Seasons Bundle set (item #129946 in the New Holiday catalog available August 1st.)  I stamped the tree in Old Olive and Summerstar Fruit ink.  With the bundle set (which saves you money if you buy the stamp and framelit set)  the framelit cuts out the tree and star easily! 


For the base of my card, I used Old Olive and layered it with Chocolate Chip cardstock.  I used a border punch to make a strip out of Cherry Cobbler and used up a piece of lace ribbon that I had. 



Putting it all together now!!!  I used some mister that I had bought  last year or the year before out of the  Holiday mini.  Just splattering for different effect.  I answered this question on a forum today so I will share: to get big splatters or dots instead of a mist- I open up the mister and use the tube that sucks up the mist and bang my finger lightly against the tube.  I hope that makes sense. 



I felt like my embellishment needed a little something more.  So I used pieces of my new  3 1/2" Scalloped Tulle Ribbon out of the Holiday catalog.  I wasn't going to get the tulle ribbon when I first looked through the catty. I am so glad I got it!!!  I now want it in all three colors that are available!  It is so easy to work with!  I plan on using this on packages for Christmas as well.


I added some bling and card done.  Putting this card together got me wondering, how do you put together your card?  Do you start from embellishment up?  Or cardbase?  Colors?  Ribbon?  How do YOU start making your card??? Leave me a comment and share!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering what DSP that was. LOL who knew you made it. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You are a natural at this!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...