Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Keep Calm & Stamp on Decoration

Here is another cased idea from the Stampin' Up Convention.  So many great ideas!!!! 

I am hosting a Intro to Scrapbooking workshop this Saturday.  I need some bling in my sunroom to inspire!!  I already shared the banner for the room.  Here is my CASED mason jar Keep Calm and Stamp on Decoration.



First step was cutting out the large rosette.  I used the Rosette Bigz Die .  I cut three of these to make the large rosette.  Simple adhere together with hot glue gun.  I like to cut a circle punch out to help adhere and hold everything- the circle went on the back to help hold the rosette tight while the hot glue dried.  Sometimes extra hands help with this stage..Thank you to my son Kyle!!!  :)




The next step I embossed the Daffodil scalloped circle with the Perfect Polka Dots Folder .  If you don't have this folder yet, it is probably one of the most used embossing folders I have.  Well worth the money!!!



The best part this was a piece left over from my banner that I made earlier!  I love being able to use up scraps!!!



The next layer, the Rich Razzleberry layer was cut using the new Apothecary Accents Framelits  and embossed with the chevron folder .  These two have gotten a lot of use in my craft room!  The next layer is a banner that I hand cut.  Just cut a strip of paper and cut the ends into a banner!  EASY!!  I stamped and cut the final layer using the apothecary framelit again....see lots of use for these framelits!  I used the Keep Calm Stamp set.  This stamp set was unavailable for awhile due to some legal issues.....they are now worked out.  BUT...we have been warned, there is no guarantee that it won't go away again.  If you place a $150 order you qualify for $25 hostess dollars.  This set can be purchased using those! It can not be purchased without hostess dollars!!  Get it while it lasts!  This set in clear is $10!!!!  #126647!!!  I love this set!!!!



So cute!!!



Okay- here is my final project in the mason jar.....I had to hold it up because I am still deciding what to put in the jar.  So maybe this is project mason jar 1A??!!!  Stay tune for an update!!!!  Thanks for looking!  Leave me a comment....what do you think I should fill the jar with?  What should I add to it??? 




3 comments:

  1. I love this. Lets see mason jar can be filled with marbles or beans. Black eyed peas would be color coordinating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the button idea! Not sure I have enough to fill it though. Now the peas might work!!! I know I have some split beans in the kitchen.....need to look! GREAT ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...