Saturday, July 14, 2012

Halloween Ornament...finally done!

After a quick walk on the treadmill and shower, I was back to working on my holiday ornament but for Halloween.  My sister LOVES Halloween so I thought this would be great for her! I worked on stamping and cutting out all the tiers yesterday and worked on just getting them in place.  This is what I had this morning:



Since I was kinda winging it...I figured out that it would have been easier to add my string accents now...not after I put the next cover circle on.  Oh well....
I ended up having to put the string on and wedge under the circle and then hot glue...yeah hindsight.....

I used my big shot and the Designer Rosette Bigz XL die cut down to the size I wanted.
 I used the Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set as an accent.  I picked the mummy because it is so darn cute!!! 
Here is the finished project.  Hope you like it!  Most of all, just have fun with the new Ornament Bundle set when it comes out August 1st!  Let me know what you have created with your set!!!  Also, I didn't give total step by step directions because I think for the most part- it is layers!  Play around with it!  Have fun with it.  I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs, splitcoaststampers, all over.  I cased this idea from a really great crafter Dani, Dani's blog, check it out!!  I hope that you are inspired to create!!!

6 comments:

  1. How awesome!! Guess I will be ordering this fabulous bundle in August!! Sensational work, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My upline didn't get this bundle and she says yesterday I was convincing her she NEEDED it!!! Isn't that always the way- I look through the catty and make my list, then I start seeing projects made with sets I didn't buy and think....okay NOW I NEED that set!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle your ornament is great! I love it! Halloween is my favorite holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I am thinking that these would look good as a garland/banner type thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this were did you get the string? I love the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is bakers twine.....now where did I get it is the question!!! I am addicted to bakers twine! I think this is doodlebug but I could be mistaken! I have TONS of bakers twine!!! Helpful huh????

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...