Friday, July 27, 2012

Glimmer Mist & Take 2 on my Teacher Appreciation Card



Have you ever made your own glimmer mist???  It is SSSSOOOO  much fun!!!!  The new Stampin' Spritzers it is SUPER easy!!!  I have to admit, I have other misters as they are commonly called.  I had to try these when Stampin' Up started carrying them in the new catalog.  These are 10X better than the other ones I had used before.  I love to make my own mists......so I have used them a lot.  Other brands are smaller therefor don't hold as much.  The other brands also seem to clog a lot.  I have yet to clog a Stampin' Up spritzer!!!!  That makes it an awesome buy in my book!!!  And at $2.95 for two!!!  Very reasonable!!!! I only bought two to try but I will be getting more to keep on hand.  I made on glimmer mist with what I had on hand, there are several ways to make it.  I used glimmer, water, and craft reinker.  You don't have to use craft- it is just what I had on hand so I used it.  Any reinker will work.  Shimmer paint, reinker and 70% rubbing alcohol works wonderful as well!!! 
Okay back to the project...I stamped my You're Amazing stamp in versamark ink and embossed in black.  Then I sprayed it with my glimmer mist!!  I forgot to tell you, I used Red Riding Hood ink which matches the paper pack!! You could make this in any color!!    Then I cut the image out using the Apothecary Accents Framelits (another GREAT set!!).  This was my starting point for my second take on my card!
My first take was this :


I am much happier with my second take on this:


More layers, a darker base, and a little ribbon and shimmer!!!....much better to me!!!  What do you think....do you like number 1 or number 2 better????  Leave me a comment!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like them both. But my fav of the two is the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine too Tammy, it just seems more finished to me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...