Wednesday, July 18, 2012

CKC Layout- Beach


I am getting so excited for the CKC show coming in August to Charlotte, NC.  If you haven't  been, it is GREAT fun!!!!  There is awesome shopping and a variety of classes that you can take. Some classes are just creating LOs or certain cards and some are learning a new technique.  Technique classes are my favorite.  I feel as though I am learning something new!   This will be my third year going.  I am doing the Thursday crop (Thursday has some classes but the vendor floor isn't open yet), Friday is my shopping day with more classes on Saturday!  It will be a great time getting together with the ladies to enjoy scrapping!!!! 
This layout was one of the layouts I did last year in a class.  I embellished it more when I got home, adding some bling and the word BEACH with spray ink (bought at the show!!!).  I used a cheap set of chipboard letters that I bought at the show for really cheap.  They weren't colors I would normally use but I thought of masking with them!!!  They work perfect!!!  It is always a good idea when craft shopping to think outside the box....maybe the colors aren't right but you can't change them with copics?  spray ink?  or use them for a mask!!!???  I keep one set of letters to mask with....just put them on your paper spelling out the word you wish to say and spray ink over top of them.  I let them sit and dry for about 5 minutes before removing them and then take the letters off your LO and let everything dry well (could be up to 20 minutes) OR hit it with a heat gun to set quickly!!.  I let my mask letters air dry so they don't warp at all and stick them back into the container for next time!  Great masking letters for me, are letters that are big enough to be noticeable and kinda narrow so I can actually spell something on a LO.  Hope this inspires you!!!  And  check out the CKC show!!!!  Hope to see everyone there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...